Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec. 27: On the Second Day of Turkey my True Love Made for Me....

Okay, no true love - I made it for myself.  But I have two yummy turkey leftover dishes for you!

Turkey Caesar Salad



You will need:

~ A huge bowl of baby spinach
~ A serving of turkey breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
~ A handful of croutons of choice
~ Bacon (I use the Kirkland's bacon crumbles - kind of fattening but not as artificial as some stuff)
~ Freshly chopped minced garlic
~ Light Caesar dressing

Mix your salad dressing with the fresh garlic - this will give you a decadent, restaurant-style salad dressing (and very stinky breath).  Build your salad and stir well.  This is a super quick dinner!

Turkey "Fried" Rice



You will need:

A pot of baked brown rice
2 servings of turkey breast, chopped
minced garlic to taste
soy sauce
ginger
olive oil

I use  my cast iron skillet for this and I always make enough so I have leftovers for lunch the next day.

In your skillet, saute minced garlic in the olive oil until golden and fragrant.  Stir in your turkey and turn the heat up to high.  When things are really sizzling add some powdered ginger and soy sauce and stir well.  Then stir in 2 servings (based on your personal intake) of brown rice and mix well, cooking on high for about 2 minutes until the soy sauce is nicely caramelized on the mixture.

I serve this with steamed veggies and I top it with some spicy red pepper jelly that I got from Costco (so spicy/sweet and delicious!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I got so much accomplished.  I tackled my 10 year old's bedroom (shudder).  I took 4 garbage bags of stuff to the car to be donated tomorrow and 3 garbage bags full of, well, garbage, out of that room.  It's unbelievable what a disaster it is. 

I'm really trying to declutter and downsize - my car is loaded to the hilt with donations of bedding, towels, toys and kitchen items - this is all stuff I moved here in October that remained packed so I figure if I haven't needed it yet, I can live without it.

Hopefully decluttering my house will help me declutter my body.  I ate well today and felt much more energetic for it.  I'm back to work tomorrow and really have my fingers crossed that I will be able to stay on track.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was so hoping you'd post turkey ideas! I do have some baked rice in the freezer so I'll definitely do the second one and that salad sounds amazing. Adding a couple things to the grocery list . . .

    And you go flylady!

    ReplyDelete