Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22: VERY Good Friday


Why was today such a GOOD Friday?

Besides the usual religious reasons, and the fact that it is Earth Day, I had a really good weigh in.  I lost 3 pounds this week and am under the dreaded "deuce" again.

Yesterday and today were pretty much write-offs.  I had a great plan yesterday and then I got into the cookies that a co-worker brought to share. (I think she secretly hates me.) Cookies and ice cream are my dietary nemises. They also tagged in their friend "Barbecue Fritos."  It was a WTH kind of day.  Today hasn't been quite as bad but it was far from stellar. 




So deliciously addictive!!!



We went to the movies and saw "Hop" - it was a very cute movie.  I was saved from a total pig out on popcorn when the little kid next to me hurled all over the floor partway through the movie.  Popcorn lost it's charm after I saw it partially digested.

Something very nice has been a day of getting along.  My girls and I had a day without arguing and I didn't even have the urge to sell any children to the first passing gypsy caravan.    I've managed to cap my eats at 1700 not-so-nutritious calories so I am not going to beat myself up.

The keys for me this week were:

~ Planning my eats the night before, including weighing portions and calculating calories.
~ Allowing some room for ice cream or crunchy salties throughout the day
~ Drinking mostly water - soda pop really seems to trigger me to eat more junk.  Doritos just aren't as tasty with a glass of water instead of a Diet Coke.
~ Taking extra servings of fruit with me to work to help offset the munchies.

Tomorrow the kiddos are going to visit their grandparents for a couple of days.  I plan to do some big batch cooking for healthy meals throughout the week.  Organization is KEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment