Monday, October 25, 2010

Oct. 25: Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail

That's a favorite saying of one of my favorite people. (Jac!  This means you!)  Today would not be considered a total failure - my intake is under 2000 calories, but I failed to plan properly for lunch today.  When I got a call from the school that my little girl was sick, I ended up eating on the run while picking her up, getting her settled, dashing to the pharmacy for her and getting back to work.

So I went through the dreaded drive thru.  I was planning to get a grilled chicken sandwich.  I really was.  However, I ended up seeing a sign for the ever-so-delicious Bacon Mushroom Melt from Wendy's and I got distracted.  Yup, I got one.  On the bright side, I didn't get fries for the side.  I got a small chili which will serve for lunch for me or my miraculously recovered child (amazing how quickly they get better watching cartoons!) 

So, today's eats:

m1: ezekiel toast with natural pb
m2:  yogurt, protein powder, blackberries, and granola
m3: Bacon Mushroom Melt
m4: Crock Pot BBQ Beef, sweet potato oven fries

Calories: 1797
Carbs:  140
Fat: 85
Protein: 121

All in all, I'm not hating my day.  I also managed to drink only one Diet Coke today - the rest was all water.  Another step in the right direction - I have to count all the little successes I can right now to keep myself motivated!

Check out the Crock Pot BBQ Beef recipe here.  It's quick to prep, makes lots of yummy leftovers and my whole family enjoys it.

So, for tomorrow, I am going to plan my lunch better.  In fact, I'll make it tonight and put it in the fridge.  I learned my lesson today: I can't rely on getting home at lunchtime to fix something so I better just take it with me.

Another obstacle I can foresee this week:  my oldest daughter (who lives with her dad) wants to see me this week.  There are only 2 restaurants in the small town where she lives, so we will go to the steakhouse on Wednesday night.  Tomorrow, I will strive to have a good day, as well as during the day on Wednesday.  Life just happens and you can't hide out the entire time you are on a diet.  I will make decent choices and not beat myself up.

Thank you very much for the support and kind words.  It means a lot to me - it's kind of hard to write about falling off the wagon for all the world to read about.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, i had to write about it yesterday. But i feel oh so awesome today for sharing, i hope you do too
    xx
    lesley

    ReplyDelete