Monday, August 9, 2010

Aug 9: See? Told you I'd be back!


It's painful for me to admit this, but I have NOT completely conquered my emotional eating issues, as I had previously thought.

I am not capable of having the above foods in my house and eating them in moderation.

On the bright side, I don't need to purge the chips and ice cream from my house, because I ate it all.

I hopped on the scale this morning, and I am still holding steady but I won't be for long eating like I did this past weekend.  I had a few healthy things but I also had:

pizza
ice cream
McDonald's Angus Burger
half an order of McDonald's fries
ice cream
an entire bag of Barbecue Ruffles
and more ice cream

Did I mention that I had some ice cream?

Clearly, this is not the nutritional pattern of someone who is going to maintain a substantial weight loss. So the above items simply cannot reside in the same house with me.

I'm not saying I can never have a cheeseburger again, or potato chips, or ice cream, but I need to only get single servings, and not all at the same time.

Now I have to detox again from all of that sugar, the high fat intake and the nasty chemicals.

I'm off to a good start because my kitchen is free of all the crap.  The last of the ice cream has just gone into the outdoor garbage, to melt and get stinky.  The rest of the food will hopefully be pooped out, unabsorbed by my body.

Yesterday I prepped some healthy eats for the week.  I made two big salads - one Greek and one garden.  I made a huge batch of succulent chicken breasts, and cooked up a pound of ground turkey with Mexican seasonings.  I have loads of fruit, Greek yogurt, protein powder, eggs and egg whites, and some organic English muffins with no nasty chemicals in them.

The next strategy is leaving my wallet at home.  Apparently, I am completely incapable of having change and not hitting the vending machines at work.

So......


PREPPED FOOD


NO JUNK IN THE HOUSE


NO MONEY OR DEBIT CARD IN MY WALLET

PACK SOMETHING HEALTHY TO EAT FOR EVERY BREAK AT WORK

Today's Menu:

Meal 1: English muffin w/ a little real butter, 1 egg
Meal 2: Greek Yogurt w/ protein powder, berries, granola
Meal 3: grilled chicken, Greek Salad, Homemade vinaigrette

Snacks:
Blueberries
Natural PB and crackers

Now all I've gotta do is stick with it!



1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    I understand exactly what you are going through

    xx
    lesley

    ReplyDelete