Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13: Evolving again......


The above was me on RFL this time around.

I really had difficulty sticking to my plan.  I have a lot of personal financial issues going on and finally decided, nope, I just can't hang in there anymore on this diet.

At first, I was concerned that I was eating emotionally again, which is the thing that made me so heavy to begin with.  As I talked to others that know far more than I do, it became clear, my cravings were so strong because I currently require more mental clarity than I can have on a nearly carb-free plan. 

I stopped fighting it and added about 80 grams of carbs to my diet.  Everything else is staying similar to my intake on RFL.  It's still pretty low calorie, but I have enough carbs in my system to think and function.

Some sample days on my current plan:

m1: egg white omelet w. light cheddar and fat free ham
m2:  tuna, fat free mayo, 9 whole wheat crackers, cucumber
m3: Homemade Szechuan chicken and broccoli
m4: protein float

m1: fat free yogurt with protein powder, blueberries
m2: left over chicken and broccoli
m3: taco salad with spinach, salsa and x-lean g. beef
m4: protein float

I can be satisfied on this plan and get through my current crisis.  Hopefully no one thinks I'm a quitter.  It's no fun trying to stick to a plan and feeling like a failure.

By the way, I lost 6 pounds during my week on RFL.  I truly hope I can keep off a good portion of that with my current plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment