Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16: RFL Day 5



I had a very happy surprise this morning. Despite raging PMS, I've lost 2 pounds since Wednesday! This makes me a very happy camper, and more determined to stick to the plan than ever.


Today has been testing, however. First of all, on a personal note, my dad, whom I've written about on here before, would have been 87 today. It was pretty emotional, since I was able to be with him last year on this day, in his hospital room in Memphis. However, I decided to do something to celebrate him as opposed to mourning him all day. I wrote 47 pages today and finished a writing project I've been working on for months. It was kind of a birthday present to him. He always told me I would be a writer so I know he would have been very proud of this.

Happy Birthday Daddy!


This morning I had the usual egg white omelet with mushrooms. However, I left off the cheese and could only choke down half of it. I will definitely not make that mistake again. I didn't take a picture, but it looked like this, minus the cheese.




When I got home from church I put a pot of Mexican chicken on the stove to simmer. This made for meals 2 and 3. This is the easiest, most delicious food ever, and can also be made in the crock pot.



And then all heck broke loose. My best friend, the one I have been babysitting for, called, crying and asking me to come over. Her sister's 44 year old husband had just collapsed from a heart attack with no warning at all. One minute he was alive and eating lunch, and the next minute he was gone.


Her husband's family was at her house visiting, so I hung out with the kids and his family while the two of them went to her sister's house. I was without my own food, and they had brought a feast. Luckily I hadn't had my off plan meal. They thought I was weird because I used a teaspoon to measure out what I ate. I had tiny servings of several things, but it would have been even more weird to pull out a camera and photograph it. So, I'll have to just give you a list, although that is far less fun than photos.

I had...................

1 tbsp coleslaw, 2 tbsp homemade mac and cheese, 1 tbsp corn, 1 strawberry, 1 Chips Ahoy cookie, and a thin sliver of cake with no icing.

(the meat was batter dipped chicken wings, so I skipped that and will have some more protein when I get home tonight)

TOTALS
cal: 352 carbs:47 fat: 15 protein: 8



My tummy hurts. I figure that will make it much easier to get right back on the plan tomorrow.

Day 5 was certainly eventful. Tomorrow I will be back with numerous and creative RFL foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment