Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11: Go Hard or Go Home

Okay, bloggie friends.  It is crunch time.  My stupid plateau remains unbroken.  I'm breaking out the big guns.



Why?

Because in two weeks, my little girl is being baptized and I have a lime green sleeveless dress to wear.  (This picture is really similar to the dress I bought.  Sadly that is NOT me in the photo)

Because in two weeks, I will be in a bunch of photos with my buff bodybuilder ex husband because of said baptism and I do not want to look like a lime green whale for all future generations to see in those photos.

Because in two weeks, friends and my ex's family will all descend on my house for a party for my little girl after said baptism.

Because in two weeks, I don't want to be still cursing this plateau!

I am 20 pounds away from my initial goal.  I really thought I'd be there by the baptism.  Obviously I won't be.  But I'm going to get as much off me as I can between now and then.

How?

Another book by Lyle McDonald.  The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

I recently reviewed McDonald's Guide to Flexible Dieting. and recommend it thoroughly.  It is a very reasonable approach and I recommend it to everyone.

I'm not going to review this next approach until I have tried it for a couple of weeks.  I will however, journal my two week effort before the baptism.  Photos, measurements, eats - the whole nine yards.

This diet is a protein sparing modified fast.  (PSMF).  That means the diet consists of low fat protein and fibrous, non-starchy veggies and a handful of vitamin and mineral supplements.  It's not going to be easy or fun, but if I can give birth to two 8 pound babies without drugs, I can do anything.  A nice benefit is that you get a "free" meal or off-plan meal - whatever you'd like to call it, two times per week.  I think that will make it easier to stick to the bare bones days in between.

This diet, by the way, is indicated for the short term.  It's not the kind of thing you could do for a year to take off 100 pounds (or that is my understanding so far.)  For more information, check out the link above.


When?

I'm starting tomorrow.  I've gotten the supplements and enough chicken to feed a small army for a month.  Tonight, I'm going to have a piece of cheesy garlic bread and a piece of cake.



The payoff for sticking with it?

Non-embarrassing pictures and a new pair of shoes to go with my dress.

So, it's crunch time. It's time to go hard or go home.

See you tomorrow with lime green dress pics, weight, and measurements, as well as the results of day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment