Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan. 5: A Little Cheese with My Whine

Today has really been a mixed bag. I have to whine a little. My 14 year old is staging a rebellion about the food and she really has me worried. She refuses to eat breakfast unless I buy commercial bagels and sugar-y cereal. Nope, not gonna happen. So then she starves until lunch and buys (with her own money) pizza and fries at school. I don't want to see her end up killing her metabolism out of spite!!!

Just so you know, when trying to change the kids over the course doesn't always flow smoothly. I'd hate for you guys to think that it's always sunshine and roses here. I'm sure things will even out shortly but it makes me feel so badly when she refuses to take suggestions from me.

This was also a stressful day at work. I did my financial statements and ew. Not quite what it needs to be! I have a few ideas to bring in some more money; it's just hard to see the numbers in black (red) and white!

To ice today's beautiful cake, I forgot to put the chili in the crockpot this morning!!! So dinner time rolled around with no dinner.

There's a bright side of this coin of a day though! I'm comparing this to what would have happened before Clean Eating took over my kitchen. I did not go through McDonald's drive thru, I did not order pizza, nor did I eat chips, dip, and ice cream for dinner. I went to the fridge and pulled out last nights leftover roast beef, some crusty bakery fresh dinner rolls and a container of freshly made fruit salad. We had roast beef and cheese sandwiches on dinner rolls (I just had one) and fruit salad for supper. It was great and I feel like a success.

Today's Eats:

M1: whole grain toast, natural pb, apple
M2: roast beef, brussel sprouts, 1/2 whole wheat dinner roll
M3: lasagna ( fairly clean except for the white pasta - homemade by someone else - everything is from scratch)
M4: trail mix
M5: roast beef and NZ cheddar sandwich, dinner roll, fruit salad
M6: brown bag popcorn

A bit high on the carbs today but all in all, not a weight gain day and fairly clean - and great for such a stressful day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through the Eat Clean Diet forum.

    I, too, have a 14 yo daughter who is rebelling. She is not eating much food right now, but she really wants to gain weight, she is tall and too thin. However, we homeschool so she doesn't go to school and buy food. She claims she is allergic to most fruit because after eating it, her throat tightens up and is scratchy. Also, I believe she has IBS, so we are learning what foods trigger an upset. *sigh*

    I like your blog and how you write, keep up the good work! This is day 6 for me eating clean and I already lost 6 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First congratulations on embracing your new lifestyle! Isn't it exciting to lose that weight without depriving your body? As for our teen queens, I think we just have to display some "tough love" because in this case we really do know what is best for them. I'm just throwing new food at mine constantly and eventually I will hit on enough things they like to keep them well nourished.

    I'm glad you like my blog - thank you for the nice compliment! Best of luck in your EC journey and with your daughter!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete