Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dec 15, 2009 - A Much Better Day

Yesterday I had the cranky pants on. I am feeling much better today. It makes me realize that in only one week, regular exercise is a habit that makes a big difference in my day. It makes me excited to realize how good I'm going to feel after I have been doing it for a month!

I got my new exercise DVDs and Tosca's Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids in yesterday's mail. I finished the book last night and can't wait to try some of the recipes. The only challenge for me is that I have a child with an egg allergy and many of the recipes contain a lot of egg. I'll have to do some experimenting to come up with results my whole family can eat. I shall persevere!! I really thoroughly enjoyed the book.

I have a new theory. (No wonder people find me eccentric) All of these "new" diseases and allergies that seem to have occurred over the past 20-30 years MUST be related to the imaginary foods people are putting in their bodies. We've all thought it, but when we were kids were there foods that were banned from schools because of anaphylactic allergic reactions? No. Had we ever heard of Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? No. I think that North Americans have systematically poisoned themselves and caused these diseases to occur. Back when people simply ate what God provided, these things, if they occurred at all, were extremely rare. My family is going to be a clean-eating family. There is not a single doubt in my mind now.

I did my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. I like Jillian. She is very matter of fact, yet encouraging. I do not have to resist the urge to bash her in the head with a weight because of her inane perkiness. In fact I'd be scared to. I'm pretty sure Jillian could take me. She sure kicked my butt with that workout. I was thrilled to be finished and really felt like I accomplished something this morning. My workouts have been rejuvenated. I also found that she explained the moves thoroughly and provided modifications that didn't hurt my knees.

I made some clean "junk food"for breakfast. I used the turkey sausage I made yesterday (I posted that it was chicken but oops, read the package and it was turkey) and I made a sausage egg McMuffCheck Spellingin. LOVED IT.

Here's my day:

M1: Sausage McClean Sandwich ( hm turkey sausage patty, ciabbatta bread, 2 egg whites, clean lf cheddar cheese) Should have had fruit with it but too full - I'll catch up later today
M2: Yogurt and fresh pineapple
M3: Spinach salad with chicken and fresh veggies, hm dressing
M4: HM trail mix
M5: Soup is in the crockpot: Xtra lean g. beef, tomatoes, onions, garlic, sweet potato, carrot, green beans, finely chopped spinach, basil, oregano, bay and thyme. I have cooked brown rice that I will throw into my serving if I stick to the rest of my lower carb day today.

Have a great day, everyone! Off to the showers and a busy productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment