Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec. 10, 2009 - Grocery Store Score!

Do you ever just want to do the happy dance at the grocery store? Tonight I went to the "cheap" grocery store because it was right beside where DD9 does gymnastics. I found:

all-natural ww pitas
inexpensive all natural crackers - grains, oil and sea salt
pineapples on sale

It takes me forever to shop now, what with all the label reading. People must thin I am obsessive and strange if they are watching me shop! haha - one day I will be fit and then who has the last laugh!?!

Todays eats were clean but low on the protein. I really noticed the lack of protein this morning. I have not really been satiated all day. I won't start my day like this again. I just wasn't hungry.

M1: Mixed grain oatmeal, applesauce, cinnamon, skim milk, chopped almonds (only ate half of it)
M2: Ciabatta toast with natural pb, 1/2 apple
M3: HM trail mix - raisins, almonds
M4: One turkey/spinach meatball, sauce, ww pasta
M5: Chicken chili, contained: chicken breast, hm broth, white beans, stewed tomatoes, peppers, onions, spices - I topped mine with jalepeno relish and had 4 triscuits. The kids had garlic bread but I was a ROCK!
M6: More trail mix

I am down 7 pounds now - this clean eating seriously works! And I feel great - the fog of depression is finally starting to lift. I think even if I was not losing weight, that would be enough reward to keep me eating clean.

Big challenge tomorrow - buying trip to Toronto. This will be the first time out of my comfort zone. I have planned a cheat meal. Wish me luck keeping on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment