Friday, December 3, 2010

Dec. 3: The First Christmas Party of the Season

First of all, I want to say thank you for the warm welcome back and the offers of support.  I feel awesome just hearing from you all.  I need every ounce of accountability and support I can get to be successful in this.


Today was the first Christmas party of this year's holiday season.  It went fairly well.

I had:

Grilled chicken
Baked beans
Coleslaw (small serving)
Potatoes (small serving)
Dinner roll

I drank water instead of alcohol which kept the calories down.

Dessert, always my downfall, was less than stellar, but it could have been worse.

Small piece of cheesecake
2 cream puffs

Dinner was delicious - it's always fun to celebrate with friends and co-workers.

The rest of the day, I tried to keep cals on the low side.

Toast with a smidge of butter and cinnamon
Nonfat yogurt with protein powder, peaches and granola
Popcorn

Yeah, popcorn was not the healthiest lunch in the world, but it takes a long time to eat and I wanted to keep the calories way down since I knew dinner would not be the leanest.

I'm marking today in the "Success" column, even though some might not think it was.  The reason?

~  I was in control of the food - the food was not in control of me
~  I ate because I was hungry, not because the food was there
~  I limited my Diet Coke consumption and drank mostly water
~  I didn't eat until I felt sick, the way I have been lately
~  I didn't have ice cream (of course, I had cheesecake)

This weekend my kids go to their dad's house.  I'm going to work on organizing my tiny apartment and I am going to do some cooking for the week ahead.  We're really loving soup this winter so I think I'll do another pot of soup - what kind depends on what is on sale.

For now, we are stringing popcorn and baking gingerbread ornaments (non-edible).  The house smells divine and the kiddos are happy and feeling creative.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment