Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dec. 19: Cleaning Marathon and the Weekly Meal Plan

I can't think of too many things that I like less than cleaning.  It would be tough.  Perhaps alligators? Snakes in the sewer system?  Spiders.  I definitely do not like spiders.  *Shudder*  But cleaning is right up there with all of those creepy crawlies.

Of course, applying this information, one might correctly ascertain that my house is a mess.  An unmitigated disaster.  A step away from being invaded by a film crew and unwillingly featured in Hoarders.

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but only a little.  The mess stresses me right out, too.  By chance, I got an email with a link to this page:  Crisis Cleaning

To put it mildly, the Flylady rocks.

I've worked a couple of hours this morning and my house is far and away cleaner and tidier than it has been in a long time.  I'm taking a lunch break and updating my blog and I plan to do 3 more 45 minute sessions today, which will finish up my disaster zone for the time being.  It feels great to be able to open the door without cringing, should someone happen to knock.



Sunday: Smoked Turkey Breast, Broccoli, Roasted Potatoes
Monday: Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
Tuesday: Spinach Salad with Smoked Turkey, Garlic Bread
Wednesday: Leftover Spaghetti
Thursday: Pizza with Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Friday: ~~~~ Christmas Eve ~~~~~

I'm only planning through Thursday because I am hoping to fall into a great big puddle of money between now and Christmas - that will help me pick the weekend menu - it's all based on budget this year!

Today I am experimenting with a turkey breast I bought on sale.  My goal is to make an oven-smoked turkey for Christmas day - I can only imagine savoring the lovely leftovers and soups I can make from that.  I was lucky enough to get a whole turkey as a holiday bonus from my employer!  I'll photograph the results tonight and if it turns out as good as I hope, I'll post the recipe.

Well, alas, back to cleaning!

2 comments:

  1. It's official. We are related. I despise cleaning. I'm a horrible housekeeper and you can usually tell just by walking into my living room what I've been up to that week. I love Flylady too!! Although lately I've just been deleting all the emails, ahahaha!!! And in preparation for my mother's visit, I paid my little sister to come over and help me clean. I used to do that when she was much younger and the other day she says "I miss the good old days when you would ask me to clean and then pay me". I called her up on Wed and said "there's $20 in it for you if you'll come over and help me". It would have taken me a week to do what she did in two hours. I so envy the cleaning gene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Cleaning. It's just the least important thing really. I do love to keep my place clean though so it's a necessary thing!

    ReplyDelete