Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dec. 18: Saturday Morning Edition


Do you have any idea how much I love my morning coffee?  My favorite, most luxurious weekend mornings are spent with my entire pot of iced coffee, puttering around the house and getting small, non-strenuous things accomplished.

Today was just such a day.

Saturday Morning Perfection:
The kids slept in.
I had an entire pot of coffee.
I cooked brunch of BBQ chicken pizzas.
I had an entire pot of coffee.
I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom and now it sparkles and shines.
I had an entire pot of coffee.
I watched 4 hours of decorating shows without listening to anyone whine, "Can I pick the next show?"
Oh, yeah - I had an entire pot of coffee.


Okay, enough of the Saturday morning joy-fest.  Let's get down to the nitty gritty now.



Weight loss.

My recent gain has put me at 18 pounds to lose.  I'm really terrified of gaining it all back and that is the direction I'm going.

At 170, I still have boobs and I don't look like a Shar-pei from all of the loose skin.  At 165 the opposite is true.  So 170 is the new goal.

Clearly, 1800 calories is too much for me to be losing weight.  It shouldn't be making me gain weight, but the fact remains that it is.  So 1600 calories a day with an off-plan day of 2200 calories is the goal. 

That means I've gotta cut out my salty crunchies completely.  Goodbye, beloved buttery microwave popcorn.  I'm also cutting out the Diet Coke and switching to water (after the morning coffee is over, of course).  I flatly refuse to give up my coffee.  Diet Coke is tough to give up but it can be done.

Finally, I have to find a way to get some exercise that doesn't aggravate my back.  I keep saying this but I'm not coming up with anything.  Any suggestions will be welcome.

1 comment:

  1. OH I'm with you on coffee. My pot is percolating as I type. Let us know how giving up diet Coke goes. I don't know if I could do it!! First I was all about diet Pepsi and then my new best friend Coke Zero was introduced to the market. I tried to give up pop once and the closest I came was giving up everything but club soda. Then I still had the fizz.

    ReplyDelete