Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oct 12: Day One Success and Turkey Recipes

Today was Day One of being on-plan.


It was a big improvement, although not dietarily perfect.  I was happy because I refrained from eating crap all day.  I can't really pinpoint the last time I made it through an entire day without eating some junk: chips, a donut, a drive-through cheeseburger.  Even though it was a bit unbalanced, I was pleased with the junk-"freeness" of it.

m1: Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ natural pb, iced coffee with skim milk
m2: Low Fat Organic Yogurt, 1/2 a banana, granola, protein powder, sprinkle of pecans
m3: turkey breast, leftover stuffing (fairly low fat - no butter, not actually stuffed into the turkey) and roasted veggies
m4: chicken breast, Kashi honey puff cereal
Microwave popcorn nibbled on to help deter the potato chip cravings

Calories: 1595
Carbs: 188
Fat: 46
Protein: 118

TURKEY PITA PIZZAS

leftover turkey breast in bite sized pieces
bbq sauce of choice
whole wheat pita
veggies of choice (I use onions, hot peppers and mushrooms)
shredded low fat mozzarella

Preheat the oven to 400.  Place the pita on a baking sheet and spread with bbq sauce - my favorite is a spicy honey garlic bbq sauce.  Top with turkey and veggies, then sprinkle with cheese.  The lighter you go on the cheese, the lower cal your meal will be.

Bake in the oven until pita is crisp on bottom and cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.  Let it rest of a couple of minutes before you slice it into 4 pieces.

Tomorrow I'm experimenting with sweet potato soup to use up the last of the mashed sweet potatoes. 

Here's looking at another successful diet day tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the warm "welcome back" you gave me!  My meal planning is not spectacular this week, but it revolves around using up the Thanksgiving leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. Excited to try that turkey pita pizza! Thanks! I've never thought of using a bbq sauce instead of a tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete