Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8: Lessons in Patience


Yeah, that.

Patience has never been my strong suit. I've been getting a workout in it lately.  I am feeling very intense about my current lack of progress.  It's hard when I know I am doing everything I'm supposed to be doing to lose weight, and I'm not really losing weight.

I'm happy to finally be in the 180s, of course, but when I mapped this out, I expected to be at my first goal of 165 by June, which is little more than a month and a half away.  I think it might be too much to expect to lose over 20 pounds between now and then, yet I am loathe to "give up" on that goal.

Maybe this is a lesson in patience, set up to make me a better person.  Whatever it is, I'm not enjoying it.  I'm an intense, results-oriented person.  Sometimes it's important for me to look back and see how far I've come so far, so that is what today is about.

October, 2009

(Silliness at the Pumpkin Patch - that's why I look so terrified)


Hiking

April 2010



I look at these pics and see that I have come far over the past few months.  My face is slimmer, my belly is smaller (although not small, precisely) and my skin is better, thanks to healthy clean eating.

I'll share one more horrifying picture, which I never imagined I'd put on my blog, but Lyn, from Escape from Obesity threw down the gauntlet by posting her own picture about a part she has been less than proud of.  Here are progress pics, taken two months apart.  I'll be adding a third pic soon, for April.  The first one is the beginning of my diet, Dec.1, 2009, and the second is Feb. 10, 2010.



The weight difference between the two is only about 18 pounds, but it's a pretty big difference, especially around the waist.


So, I'll carry on, and keep you posted, and try very hard to absorb my lesson in patience.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, wow! You should be SO proud. Your waist looks amazing and defined. You have abs!

    You are brave and wonderful and I know people will be inspired by you. Thank you for sharing this! We're all in it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lyn! You just made my day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18lbs is a lot on your frame! Talk about a change in appearance.

    Stick with it Daisy. You only just shook things up, so changes are headed your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining the Exposed Movement. I can totally see a difference in the 18lbs. Don't undermine it..man I would KILL to be 18lbs lighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look AMAZING. You should be SO proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress! Those pictures help so much! keep 'em handy and keep 'em updated! You're doing fantastic. Every day that you make informed decisions about what goes in your mouth is a victory! You are victorious!!

    ReplyDelete