Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6: Confession


I have a confession to make.  I may have been wrong about information I've provided you. 

I gave a lot of opinions in my Toxin of the Day series, but the research those opinions were based on may have been faulty.  I've been studying and learning a lot recently, and I have come to a conclusion by reading the conclusions of others much wiser than I.  That conclusion is that animal studies are not relevant to human nutritional research because their digestive systems are too different from ours.

That being said, at this point I still stand by the conclusions that I made.  I truly believe that many food additives are toxins added to our food supply without regard to the effects on the people consuming the food. However, I question the research that I cited to come to those conclusions.  I'm not sure that research is applicable to us.   So you will be seeing the Toxin of the Day format revived, and backed up with different research.  My conclusions may change through the research I'm planning, and if they do, then I will provide you with my new conclusions.

This is a tough thing for a blogger or a writer to do. I'm eating crow, friends, because it is really important to me that the information I provide for you is accurate.  Hopefully this won't mean that you decide reading my blog is no longer worthwhile.  Hopefully you will understand this is as much of a learning process for me as a writer and a consumer, as it is for you as a reader and a consumer.  Hopefully we can learn more about this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment