Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28: Back in the Saddle

OH yeah!!! I couldn't stand it for one more day.  I stopped my diet break after 12 days.  I just couldn't make it for the entire 14.  How weird is that?

Any other time I would have loved taking a couple of weeks to shovel in extra calories on purpose!  I have been thinking about it and I think my discomfort comes from all of the issues I have had overcoming emotional eating.  The foods I have eaten recently are so reminiscent of the times in the past where I have eaten out of control, trying to squelch the bad emotions.


So today, I began by starting off HARDCORE.  I had my beloved Ezekiel toast w/ natural peanut butter for breakfast and I also came up with a spectacular concoction to beat the ice cream cravings.

PROTEIN ICE CREAM

1 cup of Greek yogurt (I used fat free vanilla)
1 serving of protein powder
Frozen fruit of choice (I used 150g of frozen blueberries)

Mix the protein powder and yogurt in your food processor.  If you stop now, before adding the frozen fruit, you will have a delicious, high protein pudding like substance.  Add the frozen fruit and mix well in the food processor.  Enjoy your delicious, ice cream textured frozen treat. 

With the ingredients I used, I racked up
346 calories
3 g of fat
44 g of carbs
37 g of protein


I know my blog has really been lacking during the diet break - it all goes back to how difficult that break has been for me.  The medication I am taking for depression suppresses my appetite, so that was another thing that made the break difficult. 

Tomorrow I will weigh in and let you know what happened to my weight during the last two weeks of eating with abandon.

I'm glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment