Monday, March 8, 2010

Mar. 8 : Shopping!

I had to go to Toronto today for some work I have been doing. The good thing about an hour and a half drive is that it gives you lots of time to think. I have been contemplating getting a gym membership, but money is tight in our household right now. I do have a bit put aside for it, but I have been vacillating. I discovered the YMCA has a sliding scale so I am going to go there and see if I can get something affordable. The other decision I made was to invest that money in some excellent, properly fitted running shoes.

It was a real learning experience. I went to a running specialty store. They have you take your shoes off and roll your pants legs up (of course I hadn't shaved my legs in a week! Nice) Then they put you on a treadmill and videotape your feet. Apparently I overpronate severely. My feet looked so weird. The running dude told me that is why I have had such severe ankle pain when I've tried to run in the past. We found a pair of shoes (unfortunately they only came in blue - ick) but had to special order my size because my feet are so narrow. I think this will be money very well invested. If I don't qualify for the YMCA subsidy this should help keep me active for months. I'll just keep up my push-ups and ab work and do some of my DVDs again for strength.

Another stop I made was at a health food place - a big one! I finally own Ezekiel products. I spent a fair bit of money but it should last awhile. I got Ezekiel muffins, cinnamon raisin bread, Genesis bread and wraps. Hallelujah. I've been looking for this stuff since I started eating clean at the beginning of December.

I also stopped at Ikea and got some fun new kitchen stuff totally unrelated to clean eating, just thought I'd gloat.

Today's eats have been way too low cal. I'm going to eat something with lots of protein after while to boost my intake. I tried vegetable sushi today and liked it. I am too chicken to try the raw fish kind - the thought of it turns my stomach. I walked the dog when I got home, so got a little workout in today.

Yep, shopping makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment