Friday, March 12, 2010

Mar. 12: Excuse busting

I've been an excuse maker. There's no real way to top 200 pounds without making excuses for yourself. I came to a realization today.

Unsuccessful people make excuses.
Successful people make it happen.

If there is no way, you have to create one.

Here are a few of my former excuses and how I've done some excuse-busting.

It's too expensive to eat healthy food.
If you make it all from scratch (which you should be doing anyway) and you use your creativity, you can eat clean on a budget.

I don't have time to make everything from scratch..
Try timing how long it takes you to drive to McDonalds, wait at the drive thru and then drive home. You CAN make a meal in that amount of time..

I don't know how to get started.
If you are reading this, you clearly have access to the internet. Use it to find a reliable source of information. Check out the links on the side of my page for some ideas.

I can't afford a gym membership.
Make your own workout equipment at home. This weekend I'll be photographing the everyday household items that comprise my beginner gym.

It's too hard to work out when I am this overweight.
Walk a few steps further everyday and you are accomplishing something.

I forgot my lunch today so I had to eat out.
Make the best choices possible with what you have available. Don't let an unplanned restaurant meal be your excuse for a free-for-all.

I've tried to lose weight - I just can't.
Try harder. Really. Focus 100% of your effort on your goals and don't cheat. Never give up. If you are eating clean and measuring your portions, you will lose weight. For some people it just takes longer than others.

I had a bad day, so I deserve this ice cream.
Is the ice cream REALLY going to resolve your bad day? Generally, for me, it just makes my butt bigger.

I have too much stress going on in my life to change my eating habits.
That is the best reason in the world to change your eating habits. Ditching the sugar and processed foods will go a long way towards decreasing your anxiety.

There really is a way, ALWAYS. You just have to find it. Tackling obstacles head on will make you a stronger person. Set your goals so you have a clear plan and then stop making excuses and getting in your OWN way!

No comments:

Post a Comment