Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb.1 - New Month, New Start

There is just something about turning that page on the calendar to a fresh new month. On the first of the month, I feel a little frisson of anticipation for the good things to come. I love the concept of a new beginning! It's like looking out into the back yard after a snow and seeing the pristine surface unmarred by footprints. Hooray for February!

This month I am going to cut back my servings of starchy carbs and replace with lean protein. I think that may have been part of my issue last month. I was dissappointed with only a 6 pound weight loss - I did better than that the month of Christmas, for crying out loud!

Today's wonderful meal plan:

m1: Toasted cranberry pumpkin seed whole grain bread (mmm), natural pb, grapes, skim milk latte
m2: Skim milk
m3: Extra lean ground beef, corn tortilla, salsa, baby carrots
m4: Healthed-up nuts and bolts (link to recipe below)
m5: Broiled salmon, maple roasted sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli
m6: grapes or strawberries

Here is the link to the nuts-n-bolts recipe - it's awesome!
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=82

Check out the website the recipe is on - it's great - and I'm a frequent contributor, if you happen to like my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment