Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb. 26: Still Stuck

I weighed again today, and not happy! My weight is still up! I have gained back 3 of the pounds I have lost. I really thought that by tightening things up this week I'd see a difference on the scale - not so! I am exactly where I was a week ago. I am very frustrated today.

That being said, I'm not going to quit. I know I am on the right track. No one can eat like I do and work out somewhat regularly and be as overweight as I am. I'm still 35 pounds over the top of the healthy weight range for someone my height. It's only logical that these good habits, if continued will result in a healthy body weight. Patience, however, is not my strong point.

Grrrrr........

So what am I going to do about this?

I'm very hesitant to dive into Cooler 1 - for those of you that aren't familiar with the Eat Clean Diet, that is Tosca's short-term plan for busting through a plateau. It's extremely limited and it cuts out a lot of the foods I regularly eat. no nuts, no breads, no dairy, very limited carbs, no beans - ugh. It just sounds NOT FUN. It isn't a lifestyle I want to have - the constant dieting. I really don't feel comfortable doing something dramatic like that. To me, restriction seems like the road to failure.

So, again, the question: what am I going to do?

I'm going to give the plan another week. I'm going to keep it tight - no cheat meals are planned and I will make the best choices possible in every situation. I will plan carefully and I will work out 5 times. I'm going to count calories to make certain I am keeping things tight enough, and I am going to measure out my food.

In another week, if we are having this discussion, then something will have to change. For now, I'm going to continue to work the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment