Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb. 21: Two Steps Back

I'm NOT a happy camper today. I weighed this morning before church and had the unpleasant surprise of three extra pounds. It's not my time of month - that just ended. In the cold light of day, this is the result of eating off plan FOUR times this week.

I haven't been feeling well lately. I started some new medication which has effectively killed my appetite. Although that might seem great, apparently my body hasn't realized I'm not eating much! However, that being said, what I have been eating has not been good, clean nourishing food. I ate out on four occasions, and on each of them I could have made better choices. Waaaaayyyy better choices. It's fine to do that once a week, but obviously not so fine to do it four times.

I'm so disappointed in myself. This is NOT in line with my goals. This is not the way to a healthier me! I realized today at my fourth meal out that I am allowing myself permission to fail. I promptly took the bun off my grilled chicken sandwich and farmed off half of the sweet potato fries on the kids. The rest of the day is going to be decidedly clean!

Workouts have been rotten this week too, because of the upset stomach. I've done a little something but not like I should have. I haven't pushed myself at all, and clearly that is also going to have an effect.

So the plan for this week:

Cardio every other day, push ups and crunches before coffee in the mornings, and a very clean, well planned week. NO MEALS OUT!!!!! I'm toeing the line this week. I'm going to get back on track and I'm going to meet my goal of getting out of the 190s in February.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Daisy! You're doing great :) A week of cheating only makes you realize how much better clean food is for you and helps get you remotivated and back on track. Have a fabulous Monday!

    ReplyDelete