Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept. 19: Sunday Food Prep or How NOT To Go Off-Plan


Sunday is here and that means Sunday Food Prep.  I've gone all out because I want to stay on track this week - that track I have veered far from over the past few weeks!

I've made a pot roast with lots of yummy leftovers, baked some low fat sausages (also with leftovers) and made a broccoli, cauliflower and chicken salad.  I cooked some Mexican ground turkey for taco salad lunches too.  This week, yogurt was on sale, so I stocked up, and we have piles of fruit to add to our daily protein parfaits.

Leftovers are positively vital to nutritional success, at least for me.  If I have to start from scratch with too many meals, I will simply hit the nearest drive through - that's all there is to it!

I've made my plan.  About a week after we've moved, I'm going to start dieting again.  I've reached my initial goal, but I have further to go.  Hopefully the 10 week diet break has been enough of a shock to my system that I will be able to use a more moderate deficit and still lose.

I know the blog has been kind of dull lately - I have more ideas for it than I do time right now.  I am going to update a couple of times a week for the next little while, and then once I'm moved, I should be able to get back to the overly chatty Daisy you all know~

Love ya!

3 comments:

  1. I so admire your weekly food plans and how you prep them ahead of time. This is something I really need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog and am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED and envious of your meal-planning and prep skills. Very impressed. I now have a new goal for tomorrow. Love it! How do you make your diet rootbeer protein float? It looks delicious and root beer was one of my first loves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind! I found the recipe and cannot wait to try it! Thanks! One blendy that I have loved is one apple, 1 cold water, 6 ice cubes (or more), 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Tastes like apple pie!

    ReplyDelete