Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time


Do you ever have an absolutely brilliant idea?  And then, with great enthusiasm, you execute said plan?  And then, you discover afterwards, it really wasn't such a good idea after all?

Just so you can strike this off your list of future good ideas, mopping a basement with undiluted bleach is NOT a brilliant idea.  It's not even slightly intelligent.  It is poison and will make you really sick.

I mentioned the other day I had a flood in the basement. Well, when I cleaned it up with undiluted bleach I burned my respiratory tract and lungs.  I feel like a dork.  I'm home from work today, sitting on the front porch, breathing fresh air, which is apparently the best cure.  My throat is just raw, so I can only eat squishy non-acidic stuff.  My lungs hurt if I inhale deeply.  I cough every 5 seconds which also hurts.  I have to spray my throat with antiseptic spray every time I eat or drink and every two hours to avoid infection.  Ick.

So, I can't work out, I can't call anybody and I can't holler at my kids.  It's like being in purgatory.  Hopefully all will be better tomorrow.

And that ends my whiny rambling post.



1 comment:

  1. Oh how awful!! I'm sorry :( I hate sore throats and all that. Hope it is a million times better this morning!

    ReplyDelete