Friday, March 26, 2010

Walking Tour =)

I am lucky enough to live close to a recreational waterway with a 30 km path on either side of it.  Today, since I'm still recovering from a recent illness and can't run yet, I decided to walk a 5 km circuit and take some pictures to share with you.  You'll soon see why I enjoy walking so much!!!

There is water on both sides of the path.  It's very peaceful, especially in the early mornings when no one else is around.

A walk wouldn't be a walk without my pooch Katie and my new purple kicks.  Sometimes we go off the paved trail to a path so she can run around off her leash.




It's great for my walk/run program because the trail is marked off at 14/ km intervals.



One of my very favorite things about it is all the carvings. It started out as something to do when a dead tree had to be cut down, but even some of the living trees have a little surprise peeking out.  The artistry is incredible.  Here are some examples from my usual 5 km course.










These definitely add some interest to the walk.  Quite frequently I go and discover some new artistry has been added. 


Today I discovered I may be a likely candidate for "What Not to Wear".  I often see the same people along the pathway.  I had a doctor's appointment before my walk so I didn't have my hair scraped back in a ponytail, I had make-up on and I was apparently less bummy than usual.  Three people didn't recognize me, only the dog, and wondered where "the lady that usually walks Katie" was.  Eek.  Time for a makeover!

1 comment:

  1. You are a lucky girl to have this waterway walk place so close to your home.. it looks so peacefull and nice and to have to marked for how far you go.. awesome..

    ReplyDelete