Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feb. 7: I'm back!

Hi - I missed a few days on here. We have had some family issues going on and it's been hard to focus on my blog. I feel like I deal with things much better when I write about them on here, but I hate to sound like a whiner.

Long story short: we are having some money issues, and DD14 has decided the grass is indeed greener at her Dad's house, so she has moved out. The money issues I can deal with, the daughter part breaks my heart in two. She is the child that changed my life from flaky irresponsibility to motherhood. Hopefully, one day she will come back to me. I have prayed about it, and I know I just have to let go because there must be a plan in there somewhere.

So, back on track.

Planned eats for today:

m1: homemade whole wheat pancakes with banana and maple syrup, scrambled eggs
m2: iced latte with a serving of skim milk
m3: chicken, broccoli, whole wheat noodle stir fry w/honey garlic sauce
m4: homemade trail mix
m5: Chopped sirloin topped with mushrooms, broccoli, mashed sweet potatoes
m6: popcorn if hungry

The trail mix is an easy option we always have on hand. It is quite versatile.

TRAIL MIX
1 part Dry roasted unsalted nuts of choice (I like cashews and almonds)
2 parts Unsweetened dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, banana chips)
Mix ingredients of choice and store in an air tight container. This is a great grab-n-go snack - I have it nearly every day and send it in DD9's lunchbox on a frequent basis. Be careful with the banana chips - some are fried in oil. (BAD)
Have a great Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment