Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan. 1, 2010 - Happy Clean Year!

I always feel the itch of anticipation on January 1st. It is the day of the year that anything seems possible. I feel like I can make big changes on this day.

This year is different. This year, I did not wait for a particular day to change my life. I decided in one emotionally-wrought moment that life was going to change and I was going to be the force to make it happen.

I am going into this year with my fresh start already begun. My resolve is even stronger than when I began this lifestyle. I feel like a different person than I was just one short month ago.

So first: Results from the previous month:

STARTING WEIGHT: 210
ENDING WEIGHT: 199
CHEST: -2 inches
WAIST: -2.5 inches
HIPS: -3.5
~The jeans I was bursting out of fit me comfortably now and I don't have to do gymnastics maneuvers to get them up.
~ My depression and anxiety has greatly improved.
~ I am making good food choices because I want to, not because I have to.
~ I began an exercise program and am sticking with it.
~ I feel great - high energy, less tummy problems, and fewer aches and pains in my joints.
~ I submitted a magazine article.
I feel great when I look back on the previous month. I know there will be setbacks but I feel better equipped to handle them. The biggest difference between this and the million other times I have tried to diet is that I have been journaling. I am learning about myself and the connections I have made with food. I know now WHY I am fat, with a deeper understanding than "I eat too much."
I'm not making a big pile of resolutions this year. My only one is to set frequent goals. Achievement through small steps is lot easier than looking at the big picture - I still have 35 pounds to go.
So this week's goals:
1.)Continue working on the current article I am researching.
2.) Find some part time employment to help ends meet during the slow time of year at the store.
3.) Work on my patience - count to 10 before speaking.
4.) Keep it clean this week despite some personal issues that are going on - bingeing will NOT make me feel better.
5.) Clean out my pantry.
6.) Work on my fitness room.
JANUARY'S Goals:
1.) Submit at least one article
2.) Blog daily
3.) Lose 6-8 pounds
4.) Get fitness room up and running - I'll post pics - hold me to it, everyone!
5.) Continue converting my kids to the Eat-Clean lifestyle.
I'd love to hear your goals too!
What do you guys have planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment