Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dec. 26 - What makes you a clean eater?

I've written a lot about guilt lately. I know that despite all that a lot of people are beating themselves up today. DON"T!!! What makes a person a clean eater is what they do most of the time, not the occasional cookie they dip into.

I'm a clean eater. I had my fun food over the past couple of days. For me, I was at home so it was a lot easier to keep it sort of clean. For those of you at the mercy of other cookies it would have been difficult if not impossible. Some of my meals were clean, some were not at all. However, today is NOT a holiday and I am back to eating clean.

The mistake I've made in the past is writing off a whole day, a whole week, or whatever amount of time until a certain deadline occurred. This happened nearly any time I stepped off of whatever plan I was on. Now I eat clean my very next meal. Think about the logic behind that. I read a great analogy on the Tosca Reno forum (and I'm sorry, I can't remember which of you ladies said this, but it was so brilliant I had to share.) If you got a ticket for running a red light, would you say, "Well, I already got a ticket so I might as well not stop at red lights for the rest of the day." Or the rest of the week, or the rest of the month? That would be just plain silly. And that is why giving yourself an opening like this is also just plain silly.

Please assess your goals. Don't wait until you have gained 3 more pounds eating everything in sight between now and New Year's Day. That is just 3 more pounds you have to lose. As for me, I am hoping to be down 2 more pounds by New Year's Day. I'm eating clean until our annual NYE sleepover - my kids always invite a bunch of girls over for that. With a bunch of teen and tween girls around we will definitely be splurging. I'll work on that menu and let you know what we decide.

This morning I got up and did my new Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. I loved it. I want Bob Harper to be my best friend! He is just a darling. I have a good solid plan of eats today:

M1: WW toast, nat pb, apple
M2: Leftover fruit salad (blueberries, blackberries, banana, cantaloupe), natural 1% yogurt
M3: Salad w/ turkey breast, lettuce, spinach, tzatziki, tomato, cucumber, and feta
M4: HM trail mix
M5: WW natural pita bread spread w/ 7 layer dip (clean), veggies


I'm trying to up my water intake too. The people I really admire drink a gallon which I was told is 3.5 liters. I have to figure out how to down 1 more litre of water every day. If you need me, I'll be in the bathroom.

I have a ton of housework and organizing over the next couple of days. I thought you might be interested in seeing my fridge, pantry and spice cabinet. (This will also require me to have them organized - I am far from selfless) So over the next couple of days I'll post those pics - the good, bad and ugly, like always. There are sure to be some things that are less than stellar but I think mostly things are pretty good.

Enjoy Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment