Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3: Piles of Produce

I am really in the mood for piles of veggies and mountains of fruit.  YUM.  I really went on a crazy grocery spree and bought:

Broccoli
Grape Tomatoes
Baby Red Leaf Lettuce
Pineapple
Apples
Red Grapes
Cantaloupe
Mushrooms
Green Beans
Vidalia Onions
Baby Carrots
Frozen Chopped Spinach
HUGE bag of frozen blueberries
Potatoes

I was in the midst of a massive craving at the store so I went a wee bit crazy.  What's on the menu this week?

Monday: Chicken stir-fried with broccoli, onion, carrots and mushrooms
Tuesday:  Baked ziti in red sauce with beef, spinach and cottage cheese
Wednesday:  Grilled chicken, garlic green beans, mashed potatoes
Thursday: Taco Salad w/ tomatoes, lettuce, onion, and beef
Friday: Homemade pizza with chicken, mushroom, onion and broccoli

Fruit is always my #1 go-to snack - my mouth is watering just writing this!  As you can see from the above, I'm lowering the carb intake to every other day at supper.  We'll see what happens!

I'm also struggling to get my exercise in now that I am working part-time.  I wonder how the days fly by as quickly as they do?  I've decided to just try and break it up into two 30 minute increments.


No comments:

Post a Comment