Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27: Free Meals on RFL

Unlike most people, I really don't enjoy free meals.

Don't get me wrong, if there's an occasion to attend, I'm fine to loosen up and enjoy the food offered, within limits.  But just having a free meal because the week is almost over and I haven't had one yet - wow - that's tough for me.

On the Body Recomp forum, I had asked about the necessity of these meals, and the guys I was discussing it with asked me "why" I didn't like them.  I just find it a lot harder to get back on track after having a free meal.  I'm one of those people that can eat the same thing over and over with no problem.  Sure, I'll spice it up differently, but I'm at my best when the basics stay the same.  The free meal throws a monkey wrench in my plans, causing me to yearn for foods I can't have for the next day or two.

So a wise recommendation was this:  make it good, but not great.  Hmmmm......that makes a weird kind of sense.  So tomorrow, instead of going all out, I'm going to have some steak and oven fries.  If I really feel like walking on the wild side, I'll have a banana or some watermelon for dessert.

Hopefully the milder version of the free meal will allow me to be on track the next day without fighting off cravings with a whip and chair.

Today's eats aren't really picture-worthy.  Breakfast was the normal egg white omelet with broccoli.  Lunch was a can of tuna.  Dinner was broiled tilapia and some cucumber slices.  I've discovered that I do NOT like tilapia.

Here's hoping that the free meal doesn't make life tricky for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment