Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan. 19: Comfort Food - new and improved!

Yesterday I was at the grocery store and I came to the strange realization that the phrase "comfort food" has really changed for me over the past couple of months. Things that I would have considered "comforting" before - oreos, chips, large unhealthy meat and potatoes meals - they no longer hold the same appeal. I don't have the slightest urge to keep those foods in my house. The only thing out of that list that is even tasty to me now is the chips! It was like another epiphany kind of moment to breeze through the store without needing to read any labels - nothing I purchased HAD a label!

So this week's comfort food menu?

Turkey burgers on ww buns, sweet potato oven fries
Chopped sirloin steaks with mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, salad
Boneless turkey breast, mashed sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli
Homemade broccoli & chicken pizza

That all sounds so delicious and healthy, doesn't it?

It is a nice feeling to get in the zone of eating clean - I realized that now it is requiring way less thought than when I started out on this lifestyle.

Now to my challenge: I am having a lot of trouble getting my butt in gear to work out. I have made a promise to myself to get on my stationary bike for 10 minutes - just 10 minutes every day this week. So this morning, I dragged myself, still in PJ's, onto my bike and began to pedal. Ten minutes passed and what-do-you-know Dr. Oz had subject matter that was interesting enough to keep me on it for another 10 minutes! So today, victory was mine - 20 minutes of cardio. Maybe this "suck it up for 10 minutes" plan will get me into gear. I want to LOVE working out! It is not in line with my goals to lay on the couch in PJ's - that will not get me to where I intend to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment