Friday, December 25, 2009

Dec. 25 - Reflections

I can't believe I forgot to post this earlier. My first mini goal was to weigh under 200 pounds for Christmas. My weight today? 199.8!!!!!

Victory dance!!! I am so happy to have accomplished my first goal deadline. I still have a very long way to go, but this energizes me to keep up the hard work.

My kids have gone to dad's so I've had time to do some thinking this evening. I've had an awful headache off and on all day today. I'm considering this a "food hangover". I simply can't tolerate refined foods. I probably never could, and I just got used to feeling terrible and lethargic. After less than a month of eating clean, my body is begging me to keep it up.

Weight loss is just a pleasant side effect to this lifestyle. I am high on the feeling - the energy, the cheerfulness, and the all-around health.

Last year I got new life insurance. I did all the requisite blood work and had the physical, and I am very fortunate to report that my health was so good - (cholesterol, etc.) that the company actually offered me a LOWER rate than normal. How fortunate could I be? I had abused my body with food for years. I was 60 pounds overweight. I wasn't working out much. And yet somehow, I remained healthy. I have been given a second chance to make the rest of my life different. I now have the opportunity to model a healthy lifestyle for my kids. I hope I can undo the past and help them to see that healthy is better and much more fun than the way things were before. I won't throw away the second chance I have been granted. I thank God every day for the way I am feeling right now.

This change is for LIFE. A life that is full of energy and new challenges. A life brimming with good health.

Okay, ***stepping down off soapbox***
Here is today's food, the good, the bad and the ugly. I figure if I am going to post on here, it's important to admit to the bad stuff and not just boast about the good stuff. A (*) denotes foods that are not clean. Otherwise I made a clean version of the food.


M1: Pumpkin bread, yogurt icing*, fruit salad with cantaloupe, blackberries, blueberries, and banana
M2: More fruit salad (no protein)
M3: Roast turkey, roasted potatoes, tzatziki, Greek salad w/ feta and hm dressing, 1 triangle white pita*
M4: Dark chocolate truffle* (You probably did not require the star on that one)
M5: leftover 7 layer dip from last night, multi-grain tortillas (these are hard to classify - they are all-natural with clean ingredients but they are high in fat - if I had a button for it I'd mark this with half a star)
So to analyze the day, it was high in sugar ( I had it twice) and low in protein (only present at 2 meals). Aside from that I'm very pleased. I feel like I conquered Christmas eating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment